Sports massage can:
• Release excess muscle tension or soreness
• Speed up recovery from sports related injuries
• Offer relief from tendon and muscle injuries
• Help with restricted range of motion
• Offer relief from stress-induced injuries
• Stimulate mental alertness, brighter thinking and positive attitude
• Help with mental and physical recovery
Sports massage is a form of massage involving the manipulation of soft tissue to relieve exercise-related aches and pain. The name Sports Massage defines an overall approach to massage therapy, rather than something that's exclusively for sportsmen and women.
Whether you are suffering from an injury or need to recover after a sporting event, your therapist will discuss with you the main objectives of the massage so the session can be tailored to you and your goals.
Using deep but controlled pressure that promotes long term benefits, sports massage stimulates lymph fluid and blood circulation to help relieve muscle stiffness and tightness.
This will help improve your range of motion, reduce the development of scar tissue, and can prevent future injury and pain. It can also improve posture, muscle performance and provide mental and physical relaxation too.
Your therapist can also show you how to maintain the benefits of the session with key exercises to do at home or in the gym.